Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Japanese Texan Chicken...let the powers combine!

I am usually confused by the chefs of Food Network when they make the statement that chicken is boring. I am like all my life I have had this meat in stews, baked, fried, sandwiches, pastries during the week, as Sunday meals and even as a substitute for the traditional bird at Christmas. So what's with all this no flavor?

To me the flavor is all in the seasoning - which goes way beyond boring salt and pepper.

For this oven fried chicken I seasoned the pieces generously with a Cajun rub, salt and crushed black pepper. They were then marinated in salad dressing before being coated by the secret ingredient in the yellow package in the background. Baked for 1.5 hrs at 180C. If you want the chicken to be a more moist go for 1 hour instead. But these were really really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment