Saturday, July 31, 2010

Coming Soon Bar-B-Que Lamb with Caramelized Apple Cinnamon

Ah! another long weekend to indulge in culinary fantasies. Well as with any other weekend I got the kettle grill out and started my favorite pastime. However today's grilled lamb necks were given some special attention. I went through the usual preparation of seasonings and pre-cooking however at the end of that exercise, I used the oil and water to make a marinade and then left the meat to soak up all that goodness. I was a bit hesitant to grill because I only had literally two hand fulls of
Kingsford Match Light to cook all this meat. Then I heard an inner voice utter sternly "Steel your mind Holmes (loosely translates to Hollis) I need you!"

That was it, in a flash I came up with the idea to pan sear a couple of the steaks which created the delicious post ' Whatever became of Mary's Lamb' and then created this beautiful Bar-B-Que (not to be confused with grilling) lamb necks after cooking these for more than an hour and a half over low heat.

I know I didn't show the pairing with the Cinnamon Caramelized Apples which was spectacular and reminded me of dining in Chilis in Miami International. But hey I will shoot a pic when next I revisit this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment