Thursday, November 7, 2013

Bubba Gump Inspired - Steamed Shellfish




In 2012 I visited the Bubba Gump Shrimp Restaurant in Ft Lauderdale and had a fantastic gastronomical experience.

My entree on that night was the Market order of their Steamed Shellfish. Here is how its described on their menu







Steamed Shellfish
A delicious mix of steamed Mussels, Clams, 
Snow Crab, Lobster Claw and Shrimp. Served 
with Jasmine Rice and a side of Mama’s best 
Garlic Bread. Market
If you are looking for more, try our even bigger 

portion. Market 






Needless to say I went for the Market potion and wow it was good. They served the meal in this medium sized saucepan than was more than half with all the delicious morsels. The broth that it was cooked in provided ample sauce to dip that delectable garlic bread into. I ATE IT ALL.
I was so inspired that replicated the meal to perfection for dinner at home a couple months later.






While writing this post I thought that I need to have another go at this recipe - taking it to another level . This time I'd like to add lobster and snow crab although snow crab and king crab availability locally is infrequent. So expect to see the improved 2.0 version soon.











No comments:

Post a Comment